Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] Re: pg_upgrade can result in early wraparound on databases with high transaction load

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] Re: pg_upgrade can result in early wraparound on databases with high transaction load
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-07-05 Tu 15:17, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm ... could you first look into why 09878cdd4 broke it?  I'd supposed
>> that that was just detecting situations we must already have dealt with
>> in order for the pg_upgrade test to work, but crake's not happy.

> It's complaining about this:

> andrew@emma:HEAD $ cat
> ./inst/REL9_6_STABLE-20220705T160820.039/incompatible_polymorphics.txt
> In database: regression
>   aggregate: public.first_el_agg_f8(double precision)

Thanks.

> I can have TestUpgradeXVersion.pm search for and remove offending
> functions, if that's the right fix.

I'm not sure.  It seems like the new check must be too strict,
because it was only meant to detect cases that would cause a subsequent
dump/reload failure, and evidently this did not.  I'll have to look
closer to figure out what to do.  Anyway, it's off topic for this
thread ...