Re: [GENERAL] pg_xlog on a hot_standby slave filling up

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_xlog on a hot_standby slave filling up
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] pg_xlog on a hot_standby slave filling up  (Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
<CAMOV8iB3oRzC4f7UTzOwC2wT08do3voi+PGN07uJq+ayo9E=3DcQ@mail.gmail.com>
>> Hi everyone,
>>=20
>> Questions about pg_xlogs again...
>> I have two Postgresql 9.1 servers in a master/slave stream =
replication
>> (hot_standby).
>>=20
>> Psql01 (master) is backuped with Barman and pg_xlogs is correctly
>> purged (archive_command is used).
>>=20
>> Hower, Psql02 (slave) has a huge pg_xlog (951 files, 15G for 7 days
>> only, it keeps growing up until disk space is full). I have found
>> documentation and tutorials, mailing list, but I don't know what is
>> suitable for a Slave. Leads I've found :
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I have the same problem here. Master/slave running on 9.3.current. On
> the master everything is normal, but on the slave server, files in
> pg_xlog and archive_status pile up. Interestingly, the filenames are
> mostly 0x20 apart. (IRC user Kassandry is reporting the same issue on
> 9.4 as well, including the 0x20 spacing.)

I=92ve seen this before, but haven=92t been able to make a reproducible =
test case yet.

Are you by chance using SSL to talk to the primary server?  Is the =
ssl_renegotiation_limit the default of 512MB?  32 WAL files at 16MB each =
=3D 512MB.  I found that it would always leave the WAL file from before =
the invalid record length message.  Does that seem to be the case for =
you as well?