Re: [GENERAL] pg_xlog on a hot_standby slave filling up

От Lacey Powers
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_xlog on a hot_standby slave filling up
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 06/16/2015 01:16 PM, Jeff Frost wrote:
>> On Jun 16, 2015, at 11:35 AM, Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> wrote:
>>
>> [moving to -bugs]
>>
>> Re: Xavier 12 2015-06-16 <CAMOV8iB3oRzC4f7UTzOwC2wT08do3voi+PGN07uJq+ayo9E=cQ@mail.gmail.com>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Questions about pg_xlogs again...
>>> I have two Postgresql 9.1 servers in a master/slave stream replication
>>> (hot_standby).
>>>
>>> Psql01 (master) is backuped with Barman and pg_xlogs is correctly
>>> purged (archive_command is used).
>>>
>>> Hower, Psql02 (slave) has a huge pg_xlog (951 files, 15G for 7 days
>>> only, it keeps growing up until disk space is full). I have found
>>> documentation and tutorials, mailing list, but I don't know what is
>>> suitable for a Slave. Leads I've found :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the same problem here. Master/slave running on 9.3.current. On
>> the master everything is normal, but on the slave server, files in
>> pg_xlog and archive_status pile up. Interestingly, the filenames are
>> mostly 0x20 apart. (IRC user Kassandry is reporting the same issue on
>> 9.4 as well, including the 0x20 spacing.)
> I’ve seen this before, but haven’t been able to make a reproducible test case yet.
>
> Are you by chance using SSL to talk to the primary server?  Is the ssl_renegotiation_limit the default of 512MB?  32
WALfiles at 16MB each = 512MB.  I found that it would always leave the WAL file from before the invalid record length
message. Does that seem to be the case for you as well?

Hello Jeff,

To add to this on PostgreSQL 9.4 ( Kassandry from IRC ), yes, I see SSL
errors in my logs.

I turned off the archive_command I had running on one of my three
replicas, which recycled all of the .ready files and all of the
outstanding xlogs.

I re-enabled the archive_command and waited.

I got this in my logs:

< @[] LOG: restartpoint complete: wrote 15437 buffers (2.9%); 0
transaction log file(s) added, 0 removed, 5 recycled; write=269.358 s,
sync=0.035 s, total=269.397 s; sync files=202, longest=0.008 s,
average=0.000 s
< @[] LOG: recovery restart point at 650/4D01CCA0
< @[] DETAIL: last completed transaction was at log time 2015-06-16
21:41:41.990409+00
< @[] LOG: restartpoint starting: time
< @[] LOG: restartpoint complete: wrote 115 buffers (0.0%); 0
transaction log file(s) added, 0 removed, 12 recycled; write=11.446 s,
sync=0.005 s, total=11.455 s; sync files=29, longest=0.001 s,
average=0.000 s
< @[] LOG: recovery restart point at 650/5204B6C8
< @[] DETAIL: last completed transaction was at log time 2015-06-16
21:42:24.524081+00
< @[] FATAL: could not send data to WAL stream: SSL error: unexpected
record
< @[] LOG: unexpected pageaddr 650/18000000 in log segment
00000001000006500000005A, offset 0

And a ready file appeared and stayed for 000000010000065000000059 :

-rw------- 1 postgres postgres 0 Jun 16 21:57 000000010000065000000059.ready

On my other streaming replica, there are lots of these log messages, and
it looks like there is also a ready file for each of the segments
previous to the segment mentioned in the unexpected pageaddr message.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if I can gather further data to help fix this. =)

Regards,

Lacey

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13444: psql can't recover a pg_dump.
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: BUG #13440: unaccent does not remove all diacritics