Re: BUG #15299: relation does not exist errors

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: BUG #15299: relation does not exist errors
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

> On Jul 26, 2018, at 1:53 PM, Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com> wrote:
>
> On Jul 26, 2018, at 1:23 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>>
>> On 2018-07-26 13:18:33 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
>>> Oh, I see what you're saying. Don't the autovacuum processes connect to their own backends which then exit after
they'recomplete though?

>> Yes, that's right.  Creating an extension or calling a function that
>> internally does a SET search_path seem like a more likely cause.
>
> I grepped our code and didn't find anywhere that we set search_path, though it's possible some ruby gem we use could
bedoing it. I'll go spelunking there next!

Wanted to close the loop on this. As usual, Tom was right.

We have a rake task in the application used to pull a production copy of structure.sql which uses pg_dump under the
covers.Because it uses the same conninfo as the app, it happily goes through pgbouncer.  So, when that rake task is
run,pg_dump connects through pgbouncer and happily sets that restrictive search_path. It then creates the schema-only
dumpand upon completion, that connection is returned to the pool as a big fat boobytrap for the next application
connection.

От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15334: Partition elimination not working as expected whenusing enum as partition key
От: Kai Kratz
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15327: postgres segfaults on ALTER FUNCTION ... SET SCHEMA ...