Re: PGAdmin for PostgreSQL 9.3 creates tables with double quotes embedded in the name

От Rob Richardson
Тема Re: PGAdmin for PostgreSQL 9.3 creates tables with double quotes embedded in the name
Дата
Re: PGAdmin for PostgreSQL 9.3 creates tables with double quotes embedded in the name  (David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: PGAdmin for PostgreSQL 9.3 creates tables with double quotes embedded in the name  (David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgadmin-support
Thank you for your reply.  You said, in part:
What's happening in your case is that the table must have been created like this:
      create table "Log" [.....]

But the whole point of my message is that that is not how this table was created.  I did not open an SQL window and
typein the CREATE TABLE command manually.  I selected the database in PGAdmin, went down to the Tables list (which said
Ihad 0 table), right clicked on the word "Tables", and selected "New table".  In the new table dialog I entered the
tablename as Log (no quotes), I defined its columns and its primary key, and I clicked OK.  After I did all that, I
thenfound that "select * from Log" (no quotes around Log) failed, claiming there was no relation named "Log".  I then
foundthat "select * from "Log" " (quotes around Log) worked.  I then concluded that the table was being created with
thedouble quotes included in the table name.

I did find one place where I actually saw the name referred to as '"Log"'.  That's the word Log, surrounded by double
quotes,and then surrounded again by single quotes.  Unfortunately, I do not now remember where that was.

RobR

Сообщение: Re: PGAdmin for PostgreSQL 9.3 creates tables with double quotes embedded in the name
Сообщение: Re: PGAdmin for PostgreSQL 9.3 creates tables with double quotes embedded in the name