Re: effects of cancelling a vacuum full

От Gourish Singbal
Тема Re: effects of cancelling a vacuum full
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

One Question out of curiosity .. How did u cancel the vacuum full ?.
1. killed the process id  .. eg using kill -9
2. canceled the vacuum full from command prompt eg using "ctrl C".
3. or did an immediate shutdown .

On 1/18/06, Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> wrote:
On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 12:17, Anjan Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just had to cancel one VACUUM FULL (of a 4.3m row table) that someone ran in business hours. It was after an hour or so that I realized, and it was blocking queries, running out of connections, so I cancelled it. Are there any bad side effects of cancelling an ongoing full vacuum of a table or a database? Does a partial full vacuum give back any space?

No damage done.
No space returned.
Just wait and run it again later.
Tell your used to do a vacuum regular during business hours or you'll
have to give him a stern talking to.

      match

--
Best,