Re: pg_restore problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_restore problem
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Bradley Miller <bmiller@nuvio.com> writes:
> I'm attempting to restore a dump from one server to another (one is a
> Mac and one is a Linux base, if that makes any difference).  I keep
> running into issues like this:

> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  function
> public.random_page_link_id_gen() does not exist

Is this a problem of items in the dump being in the wrong order (ie,
there's a forward reference to random_page_link_id_gen())?

> Any suggestions on how to get around this problem?

Use 8.0 ... or use pg_restore's -L/-l options to manually adjust the
load order.  Pre-8.0 versions of pg_dump are easily fooled if you use
ALTER to make earlier-created objects reference later-created objects.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: