Re: ipcclean broken on OSX

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ipcclean broken on OSX
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> % ipcclean --version
> /Users/neilc/local/pgsql-cvs/bin/ipcclean: line 114: ipcs: command not
> found

> This machine is running a pretty standard install of OSX 10.3.3.

OSX's support of SysV IPC verges on the brain-dead.  I suggest filing a
bug report with Apple about their lack of ipcs and ipcrm.

> At the very least, we shouldn't bother installing ipcclean if it is
> totally non-functional on this platform.

We install ipcclean on all platforms whether it functions or not.
I believe there are a number of other platforms where it doesn't work
for lack of porting effort :-( ... but the Apple case is not our fault.