Обсуждение: ipcclean broken on OSX

ipcclean broken on OSX

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
Using a fresh checkout from CVS HEAD, I get the following on my machine:

% ipcclean --version
/Users/neilc/local/pgsql-cvs/bin/ipcclean: line 114: ipcs: command not
found

This machine is running a pretty standard install of OSX 10.3.3.

At the very least, we shouldn't bother installing ipcclean if it is
totally non-functional on this platform.

-Neil

Re: ipcclean broken on OSX

Дата:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> % ipcclean --version
> /Users/neilc/local/pgsql-cvs/bin/ipcclean: line 114: ipcs: command not
> found

> This machine is running a pretty standard install of OSX 10.3.3.

OSX's support of SysV IPC verges on the brain-dead.  I suggest filing a
bug report with Apple about their lack of ipcs and ipcrm.

> At the very least, we shouldn't bother installing ipcclean if it is
> totally non-functional on this platform.

We install ipcclean on all platforms whether it functions or not.
I believe there are a number of other platforms where it doesn't work
for lack of porting effort :-( ... but the Apple case is not our fault.

            regards, tom lane

Re: ipcclean broken on OSX

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On 23-Apr-04, at 10:37 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> We install ipcclean on all platforms whether it functions or not.

Right; my question is why we do that. What purpose does it serve to
install a script that has no hope of working on this particular
platform?

-Neil

Re: ipcclean broken on OSX

Дата:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Right; my question is why we do that. What purpose does it serve to
> install a script that has no hope of working on this particular
> platform?

So we can get bug reports?

In this case the bug report has to be directed elsewhere, but I see
no point in not installing the script.  Someday Apple will fix it.

            regards, tom lane