Re: Unable to Connect to DB Instance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unable to Connect to DB Instance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Boblitz John <john.boblitz@bertschi.com> writes:
> Thanks - I get "pg_db_role_setting" as a response.

Hm ... not its index?  If the table itself is gone, it's surprising
that you can get through session startup.

> I have already attempted to reindex system but get:

I had in mind just reindexing the specific table you're having trouble
with ... but this:

> ERROR:  could not open file "base/11919/11680": No such file or directory

shows that there's another table that also has a problem, and there
may be more :-(.  I don't know what the odds are that you can get out
of this completely.  I would NOT recommend "reindex system" as a
blunderbuss solution.  You do not know how much is corrupted and there's
a significant chance of making things worse by tromping over the whole
database using catalogs of uncertain reliability.

Did you identify which table 11680 is?

In the case of pg_db_role_setting, a possible solution is to "touch" the
missing file so it exists; it'll be empty, which means that you'll have
lost any ALTER DATABASE/ROLE SET settings, but that's better than not
being able to dump at all.  (You might then need to REINDEX
pg_db_role_setting to get its indexes in sync with it being empty.)

Whether an equally drastic answer is tolerable for your other missing
table(s) depends on what they are...