Re: Regaining superuser access

От Bernt Drange
Тема Re: Regaining superuser access
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sep 18, 7:03 pm, alvhe...@commandprompt.com (Alvaro Herrera) wrote:
> Bernt Drange escribió:
>
> > After a lot of fiddling with being able to enter single user mode on a
> > windows machine (I had to figure out how to run the command line as
> > the correct user, then for some reason -D didn't work, but SET
> > PGDATA=xxx worked), I finally managed to fix my problem.
>
> Hmm, the -D thing not working should probably be studied -- perhaps
> we're missing escaping something somewhere.  Does the PGDATA path
> contain spaces or weird chars?

From memory the path was something like: F:\Postgresql Database\data.
I quoted it with double quotes. Without -D postgres.exe complained
about not finding the data path, with it postgres.exe complained about
not finding the config file, stating that it looked in (from memory
vague) F:\Postgresql Database\data\postgres\somethingmore. Adding the
--config-file parameter didn't help.

Is this enough information for you to start digging a bit more? If
not, I might find the exact messages, but I'm reluctant to do it on
this production database..

Bernt