Postgresql 7.2.1 upgradation

От s.chava@wcom.com (Srinivasa Rao Chava)
Тема Postgresql 7.2.1 upgradation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
yesterday, I have upgraded postgresql database from 7.2.0
to 7.2.1
version.
Before upgrading, I have took backup from 7.2.0 and
shudown the
database and
did initdb on posgresql 7.2.1. Then started the newer
version (7.2.1)
and restored the data from the backup. But when we run
some queries,
it is giving
the following errors.

        This probably means the server terminated
abnormally
        before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset:
NOTICE:
Message from PostgreSQL backend:
        The Postmaster has informed me that some other
backend
        died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared
memory.
        I have rolled back the current transaction and am
        going to terminate your database system
connection and exit.
        Please reconnect to the database system and
repeat your query.

Thanks in advance and any help is appreciated.
chava