Time zone issue with 10.3?

От Karl Denninger
Тема Time zone issue with 10.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I have just tried r0lling forward to 10.3 from 10.1 and suddenly my time zone declaration blew up.

I was using 'US/Chicago' and was able to get the server to start with CST6CDT, which is the way the system is set up.  But I'm concerned about this, because I now get this from trying to query the system tables for timezone names:

pgsql=# select * from pg_timezone_names;
           name           | abbrev | utc_offset | is_dst
--------------------------+--------+------------+--------
 Canada/East-Saskatchewan | CST    | -06:00:00  | f
(1 row)

pgsql=# select * from pg_timezone_abbrevs;
ERROR:  time zone "Asia/Yerevan" not recognized
DETAIL:  This time zone name appears in the configuration file for time zone abbreviation "amst".

Rolling the binaries back (gmake install) from the previous 10.1 build (which I still have) did not clear this.  I'm not sure what happened here, or whether it will bite me (and if so, how hard), but the place I expect this to cause trouble in my calendar app which does allow various timezones to be selected....

Any ideas on what happened?

--
Karl Denninger
karl@denninger.net