mod_perl and PostgreSQL 8.3.3 causing "message type 0x44 arrived from server while idle"

От Ogden
Тема mod_perl and PostgreSQL 8.3.3 causing "message type 0x44 arrived from server while idle"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello all,

We upgraded our application servers to Apache 2.2.16 and upgraded our (hand built) Perl of 5.10.1, mod_perl (for
Catalyst)and the modules (such as DBI, DBD::Pg) through CPAN. Our PostgreSQL server has not changed at all and it is
running8.3.3.

Since the upgrade, we are noticing the following messages in our Apache logs:

message type 0x54 arrived from server while idle
message type 0x44 arrived from server while idle
message type 0x43 arrived from server while idle

We have never had this issue before and from searching the little information I found on the topic, it seems that this
isthread related. However, what is the culprit here? Apache? mod_perl?

Software versions:  perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi and PostgreSQL 8.3.3.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Ogden