Re: Postgres Connections Requiring Large Amounts of Memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres Connections Requiring Large Amounts of Memory
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Dawn Hollingsworth <dmh@airdefense.net> writes:
> PostgreSQL Version: 7.2.3

> My problem is that the memory used by the connections appears to grow
> over time, especially when the amount of data entering the system is
> increased.

We have fixed memory-leak problems in the past, and I wouldn't be
surprised if some remain, but you'll have to give a lot more detail
about what you're doing if you want help.  A leak that persists across
transaction boundaries is fairly surprising --- I think I can safely
say that there are none in the normal code paths.  I'm guessing you must
be using some off-the-beaten-path feature.