Re: Postgres Connections Requiring Large Amounts of Memory

От Dawn Hollingsworth
Тема Re: Postgres Connections Requiring Large Amounts of Memory
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
We have just recently hired a database consultant familiar with Postgres
and just on his cursory glance we are not doing anything really crazy.

There are two things which might be considered off the beaten path
though:

1. We have tables that have over 500 columns which we continually insert
into and select from.

2. Our stored procedures take more than 16 parameters so in the file
config.h the value INDEX_MAX_KEYS was increased to 100.

-Dawn

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 20:45, Tom Lane wrote:
> Dawn Hollingsworth <dmh@airdefense.net> writes:
> > PostgreSQL Version: 7.2.3
>
> > My problem is that the memory used by the connections appears to grow
> > over time, especially when the amount of data entering the system is
> > increased.
>
> We have fixed memory-leak problems in the past, and I wouldn't be
> surprised if some remain, but you'll have to give a lot more detail
> about what you're doing if you want help.  A leak that persists across
> transaction boundaries is fairly surprising --- I think I can safely
> say that there are none in the normal code paths.  I'm guessing you must
> be using some off-the-beaten-path feature.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: Postgres Connections Requiring Large Amounts of Memory
Сообщение: Re: Postgres Connections Requiring Large Amounts of Memory