Re: initdb fails at initializing pg_shadow

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb fails at initializing pg_shadow
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Joerg Brandt <jbrandt@math.uni-bremen.de> writes:
> FATAL 1:  cannot open pg_class: No such file or directory

Curious.  Looking back at your previous trace, I realize that
the first invocation of postgres -boot (which should have created
pg_class) produced no debugging output except for the XLOG startup
messages.  With -d, there should have been reams of output.

I wonder whether something funny happened to your template1.bki file.
There should be about 2600 lines of stuff in it --- what do you actually
see there?  Also, you might want to go to pgsql/src/backend/catalog/ and
do "make clean; make template1.bki" to watch the creation of the file
more carefully; see if any error is reported.  The .bki files are built
using sed, awk, and a few other tools that maybe you have nonstandard
versions of.