Re: [HACKERS] Re: AWL: PostgreSQL ODBC.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: AWL: PostgreSQL ODBC.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Thomas G. Lockhart" <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> writes:
> Actually, I don't know why the Makefile.shlib needs anything
> platform-specific other than perhaps helping with the naming conventions
> for libraries. If the LDFLAGS_SL was in the platform template then
> Makefile.shlib wouldn't need anything in that regard, right?

You're right, much of that stuff could be shoved out into the
Makefile.port files.  Maybe all of it --- does anyone know GNU Make's
substitution rules well enough to know whether

shlib := lib$(NAME)$(DLSUFFIX).$(SO_MAJOR_VERSION).$(SO_MINOR_VERSION)

can appear *before* NAME and so forth get defined?  If so, the
library naming rule could be defined by Makefile.port too.  I was
being conservative when I wrote Makefile.shlib, but I'm not sure
that the order of declarations it recommends is really essential.