Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
"Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Aug 6, 2018, at 2:05 PM, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> 1. Add to the “docload” script to segment out the release notes and store
>> them in a separate table. Perform an “upsert” (i.e. check for an existing
>> reference; if it’s there, update any content, otherwise insert).
>>
>> 2. Perform any modifications to the content (i.e. there’s some HTML I
>> explicitly removed from the generated docs).
>>
>> 3. Display the archived docs on the page.
>>
>> That way in future docloads, if there are missing release notes, the script
>> would be ok as it would not remove any release notes.

> To proceed, I would want to ensure we feel good about this direction. I will
> also need to discuss with Magnus about how we would want to store this
> in pgweb itself. And of course, test it across all the different release notes
> to ensure it works.

Hm, so the only objection I can think of is that this results in the old
release notes only being available on the website; there's no other way
to access them, short of digging around in the git repo.  But maybe that's
enough.  It's certainly attractive that this doesn't seem like it'd entail
any manual effort once it's set up initially.

Сообщение: Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Сообщение: Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal