Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
I wrote:
> Hm, so the only objection I can think of is that this results in the old
> release notes only being available on the website; there's no other way
> to access them, short of digging around in the git repo.  But maybe that's
> enough.

Actually, a concrete reason why that might not be good is that it results
in having a single point of failure: once we remove branch N's relnotes
from the active branches, the only copy of that data is the one in the
archive table the docload script is filling.  Given, say, a bug in the
docload script that causes it to overwrite the wrong table entries,
can we recover?

This doesn't seem insoluble, but it might mean a bit more work to do
to ensure we can revert back to an earlier version of that table.

Сообщение: Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal
Сообщение: Re: Release note trimming: another modest proposal