Re: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql

От Israel Brewster
Тема Re: Yosemite (OSX 10.0) problems with Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 20, 2014, at 4:26 AM, Jerry Levan <jerry.levan@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) SystemStarter is no longer available. Gulp… I am not a very good plist creator.
>  Is there a fairly generic plist I can edit to specify my locations of the
>  software bits so I can have postgresql started at boot time?

I'm not familiar with SystemStarter, but here is the plist file that I've been using on several of my machines to start
myown copy of postgres. Modified from the copy that comes with apple's server.app. This file goes in
/Library/LaunchDaemons,and then can be loaded with the command

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/<whatever you named the file.plist>

substitute load with unload to stop postgres.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Label</key>
        <string>org.postgresql.postgres-mine</string>
        <key>ProgramArguments</key>
        <array>
                <string>/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster</string>
                <string>-D</string>
                <string>/usr/local/pgsql/data</string>
                <string>-h</string>
                <string>*</string>