Re: Memory exhausted in AllocSetReAlloc

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Memory exhausted in AllocSetReAlloc
Дата
Re: Memory exhausted in AllocSetReAlloc
Список pgsql-general
Doug McNaught <doug@wireboard.com> writes:
> Have you double checked to make sure the ulimits for postmaster are
> large enough?

More to the point, what have you got SORT_MEM set to?  We're assuming
that this allocation request is correct, and indeed it probably is if
you've got SORT_MEM cranked up to the moon.  But if you don't then
there may be a different issue (like corrupted data).

FWIW, running with SORT_MEM set in the hundreds of megs on a 2gig
box does not strike me as a good idea.  Keep in mind that that number
is *per sorting operation*.  Each backend might be trying to use that
much simultaneously --- in fact, in complex queries it's not hard to
cause a single backend to be executing multiple sort steps.