Re: Subtle bug in autoconf flex version test

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Subtle bug in autoconf flex version test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 02 May 2016, at 15:38, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> The PGAC_PATH_FLEX version test in config/programs.m4 tests the major and minor
>> versions with = rather than == which unless I’m missing something is performing
>> assignment rather than testing equality?
>
> Huh.  That's been broken since forever ... thanks for noticing!
>
>> The attached diff makes the test
>> trigger the expected warning on major/minor version on my OS X box (awk version
>> 20070501).
>
> Hm, is that a popular flex version?  I wonder whether we will get
> complaints if we start warning about it.

Sorry, I missed half the sentence there.  What I meant was that I can trigger
the warning synthetically by changing the version number just to test the
warning; before any version is happily accepted.

cheers ./daniel

Сообщение: Re: Timeline following for logical slots
Сообщение: Re: Timeline following for logical slots