Re: BUG #14164: Postgres allow to insert more data into field than this field allow

От KES
Тема Re: BUG #14164: Postgres allow to insert more data into field than this field allow
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
To my mind, postgres should not rely on third party code and write broken data to the disk.
I suppose this may override other records (even those the user have no access) which are stored close to this broken
oneif data in the 'text' field of mysql are large enough.

And, yes, mysql_fdw, should also do checks for data constistency

30.05.2016, 20:10, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> kes-kes@yandex.ru writes:
>> šBecause of type of column of source and destination tables are equal
>> špostgres does not check actual data so very long data at text field of mysql
>> šdatabase is inserted into limited field at postgres DB.
>
> I would say this is a bug in mysql_fdw, not Postgres proper. In general
> it's the responsibility of an FDW to ensure that data it passes back
> meets the constraints of the foreign table declaration.
>
> ššššššššššššššššššššššššregards, tom lane

Сообщение: Re: BUG #14164: Postgres allow to insert more data into field than this field allow
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14164: Postgres allow to insert more data into field than this field allow