Re: BUG #14164: Postgres allow to insert more data into field than this field allow

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #14164: Postgres allow to insert more data into field than this field allow
Дата
Re: BUG #14164: Postgres allow to insert more data into field than this field allow  (KES <kes-kes@yandex.ru>)
Список pgsql-bugs
kes-kes@yandex.ru writes:
> Because of type of column of source and destination tables are equal
> postgres does not check actual data so very long data at text field of mysql
> database is inserted into limited field at postgres DB.

I would say this is a bug in mysql_fdw, not Postgres proper.  In general
it's the responsibility of an FDW to ensure that data it passes back
meets the constraints of the foreign table declaration.