Re: Trouble installing Drupal 5 using sockets (a little long)

От Bryan
Тема Re: Trouble installing Drupal 5 using sockets (a little long)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
<snipped...>

> OK.  I went back and took a closer look at original email.  Hopefully you
> are running all commands as _postgresql.  Did you also read:
> /usr/local/share/doc/postgresql/README.OpenBSD
> Which suggests a variation to startup command?

Variation?  You mean setting login class and what not?  I have the
rc.local scripts already in the right places. I don't want to have to
start the database everytime I restart the box (which shouldn't be
often, but still...)

> You've shown that the socket is at /var/www/tmp/ which is great for apps
> running in chroot'd apache; but it's not great for running commands at the
> command line which as you can see from the error message indicate they want
> to socket at /tmp/
>
> I suspect you might need to create a symbolic link from one to the other;
> but I don't know where the "real" one should be.  Perhaps someone else knows
> that.

But, the database starts and sees the socket, what part of pgsql is
not seeing the socket?  Could the fact that I did the "initdb" without
the /var/www/tmp socket be causing the issue?  Pgsql d

> If you only need the command-line to work one-time while you create the
> databases; you could modify your config to have socket in /tmp/; cycle
> pgsql; create user and db; modify config back to /var/www/tmp/ recycle pgsql
> and get on with Drupal testing.

I will try that, but it looks like a workaround...  I shouldn't have
to do what you propose.  Do the devs look at this list, or do they
just look at the other lists?

I reply back as to the success or failure of this in the near future...

Regards,
Bryan

От: Frank Bax
Сообщение: Re: Trouble installing Drupal 5 using sockets (a little long)
От: Frank Bax
Сообщение: Re: Trouble installing Drupal 5 using sockets (a little long)