Re: Trouble installing Drupal 5 using sockets (a little long)

От Frank Bax
Тема Re: Trouble installing Drupal 5 using sockets (a little long)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Bryan wrote:
>> I suspect you might need to create a symbolic link from one to the other;
>> but I don't know where the "real" one should be.  Perhaps someone else knows
>> that.
>
> But, the database starts and sees the socket, what part of pgsql is
> not seeing the socket?  Could the fact that I did the "initdb" without
> the /var/www/tmp socket be causing the issue?  Pgsql d

The database SERVER creates the socket, so of course it can see it; the
problem is that your database CLIENTS do not see the socket.

When you run createuser and createdb; you are running client interfaces
which expect to communicate with the PG server via the socket at /tmp/
but that's not where it is; it is created in /var/www/tmp/ everytime the
PG server is started.  The conf file tells PG server where to create the
socket; not where the clients should look for it.

Yes, I presented a workaround.  I also suggested that the proper
permanent solution is to include creation of a symbolic link on every
boot; which I don't have the proper syntax for since I've never used it
(I chose to disable chroot instead).  Here's my guess at command you
need to add to startup:

ln /var/www/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

Frank