Re: delete to slow

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: delete to slow
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@decibel.org> writes:
> Hmm... it would be pretty handy if there was a way to make triggers show
> up in explain somehow, maybe as a pseudo query node.

Been there, done that ...

    * doc/src/sgml/perform.sgml, src/backend/catalog/pg_constraint.c,
    src/backend/commands/copy.c, src/backend/commands/explain.c,
    src/backend/commands/portalcmds.c, src/backend/commands/trigger.c,
    src/backend/executor/execMain.c,
    src/backend/executor/execProcnode.c,
    src/backend/executor/functions.c,
    src/backend/executor/instrument.c, src/backend/executor/spi.c,
    src/backend/tcop/pquery.c, src/include/catalog/pg_constraint.h,
    src/include/commands/trigger.h, src/include/executor/instrument.h,
    src/include/nodes/execnodes.h: Improve EXPLAIN ANALYZE to show the
    time spent in each trigger when executing a statement that fires
    triggers.  Formerly this time was included in "Total runtime" but
    not otherwise accounted for.  As a side benefit, we avoid
    re-opening relations when firing non-deferred AFTER triggers,
    because the trigger code can re-use the main executor's
    ResultRelInfo data structure.

It's too big a change to consider back-patching into 8.0, unfortunately.