Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb failure (was Re: [GENERAL] sequence's plpgsql)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Jon Jensen writes:
>> I hate to mention it, but would it be useful/non-overkill to make either
>> of those things (context message maximum length and funny character
>> escaping) configurable somehow?

> I'm thinking the same.  We have conflicting needs of different groups:
> Users on "real" Unix platforms converting old data need the checks, users
> on Windows platforms with new data don't want them.  (I wonder what people
> on Mac OS that mix Unix-style and native applications would want.)

I wouldn't object to adding a GUC variable that turns off the
mixed-newlines error (as long as it defaults to enabled ;-)).

Our intention to remove the check in the future might then reduce
to simply flipping the factory default for this variable.