Re: Still a bug in the VACUUM ??? !!!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Still a bug in the VACUUM ??? !!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Andreas Schmitz <a.schmitz@cityweb.de> writes:
> the vacuum seems to be ok. I discovered that the "cluster" kills the
> data for some reason.

Hmm.  I'm not sure whether clustering on a GIST index is really useful
(seeing that there's no linear ordering associated with GIST).  But it
shouldn't lose data.

I was able to reproduce a problem as follows: run the tsearch regression
test, then do "cluster wowidx on test_txtidx".  This appears to lose
one row:

regression=# select count(*) from test_txtidx;
 count
-------
   502
(1 row)

regression=# cluster wowidx on test_txtidx;
CLUSTER
regression=# select count(*) from test_txtidx;
 count
-------
   501
(1 row)