Re: oldest xmin is far in the past: PG 11

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: oldest xmin is far in the past: PG 11
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2020-01-22 at 13:31 +0530, Ameen Abbas wrote:
> We are facing "oldest xmin is far in the past" in PostgreSQL 11 in logs, and we don't have
> any halted/aborted open transactions, and even no replication slots and no prepared transactions,
> we had ran vacuum verbose on the db multiple times still the below warning message not gone.

Ok, there are no prepared transactions and no replication slots.

Check for old transactions:

SELECT pid, age(current_timestamp, xact_start)
FROM pg_stat_activity
WHERE state <> 'idle';

Also, are there standby servers with "hot_standby_feedback = on"?
They might have a long running transaction as well.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe