Re: Conservation of OIDs

От
Тема Re: Conservation of OIDs
Дата
Re: Conservation of OIDs
Список pgsql-general

> If you're really concerned, you can initdb separate clusters for QAT
> and DEV and run three postmasters using three different ports.

Follow-up question: Are different ports really necessary? I currently
have the three different databases defined all in the same cluster, and
differentiated by name, e.g., mydb, mydbqat, and mydbdev. If I have the
postmaster start these three instances in separate clusters,
respectively, using three different directories, such as

$ postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
$ postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/qat
$ postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/dev

and make no change regarding which port the daemon listens on, but DO
have a single, unique database name, one per cluster (mydb, mydbqat,
mydbdev) in the respective clusters, will connections requests to any one
of these databases on that same port find their way to the right place
(and back)?

Or maybe would be better to not used different database names at all to
differential PROD, QAT, and DEV, and instead differentiate solely which
cluster is to be used by means of your suggestion of using different
ports? I dunno. What do you think?

~Berend Tober