Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE
Дата
Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE  ("Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

> On 26. Sep, 2020, at 17:43, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
> I suppose getting them to install Python 2 is out of the question? It is an official package.

I can try, but chances are at 99% that they refuse.

> Well there is always going to be versioning. If you mean the incompatibility split, then for 2/3 that is not going
away.There will be a Python 4, but the core developers have said they learned their lesson and it will just be an
incrementalupgrade.

so you're saying there will always be two Pythons? One Python 2 and one Python x (with x>=3)? Oh my god... Why don't
theyjust make Python 3 backward compatible?

Cheers,
Paul

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE