Re: Restoration

От vrms
Тема Re: Restoration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 6/23/24 12:02 PM, Wasim Devale wrote:

> So I can work with the minor version upgrade. I can restore postgresql
> 12.8 backup from barman to postgresql 12.19 I hope I will get it done.
> Thanks

not sure whether my last response came through

 >>  1. barman creates a physical copy of the data directory
 >>  2. the data directory does work for the version it was created with
via initdb
            so you can not just run your pg12 restore on a pg13 instance
 >>  3. restoring the data directory plus running pg_upgrade should do
the job though

so #3 would be the thing I'd try

    - restore the backup from v12 to a temporary directory into your
server runnig v12 AND v13
    - run pg_upgrade

if you don't know how that works in detail let us know

regards
Gunnar