Re: Slow queries when ORDER BY ... DESC with table inheritance (no index scan backwards)

От tv@fuzzy.cz
Тема Re: Slow queries when ORDER BY ... DESC with table inheritance (no index scan backwards)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A lot of important information is missing in your post, for example:

a) Was the table analyzed recently? Is the table vacuumed regularly?
b) How large are the tables? (Number of tuples and pages. SELECT
reltuples, relpages FROM pg_class WHERE relname LIKE 'event%')
c) What values are used for the important config options (work_mem is
important here)
d) What is the basic hw config (disk drives, etc.)
e) Are there any indexes on the tables? Try to create index on columns
used in the "order by" clause.
f) What is the exact query you're optimizing? Run it with EXPLAIN ANALYZE
and post the output here.

regards
Tomas