Re: ram consumption

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: ram consumption
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 29/05/16 05:18, Petar Djurkovic wrote:
> I stop postgresql with "service postgresql stop" when I stop my web
> application, postgresql running on Ubuntu 15.
>
> Example, while running Postgresql he use 78 GB I see that on htop or
> top also same state with free mem and when I stop Postgresql ram
> consumption stay on 78 GB.
>
> I every day run VACUUM(ANALYSE) and use pg_repack also autovacuum is on
>
> This is part of my postgresql.conf:
>
> checkpoint_timeout = 10min
> max_connections = 200
> shared_buffers = 12GB
> effective_cache_size = 100GB
> work_mem = 167772kB
> maintenance_work_mem = 2GB
> checkpoint_segments = 64
> checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9
> wal_buffers = 16MB
>
> Best Regards,
> Petar Djurkovic
> On 5/28/2016 6:52 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Petar Djurkovic <petar.djurkovic@cbs.co.rs> writes:
>>> When I stop postgresql instance ram mem which postgres used stay
>>> uncleared and I must restart host machine, why is that happen and how
>>> can I solve this problem?
>> It's unlikely that this is a bug, but: how are you stopping Postgres
>> exactly?  What observation convinces you that memory is not being
>> reclaimed?  What's the operating system?
>>
>>> Version of my Postgresql is 9.4.
>> 9.4.which exactly?
>>
>>             regards, tom lane

Note that pg 9.4 has 9 variants: from 9.4.0 through to 9.4.8 (see
https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source) - Tom wants to know which one!

In this list, the convention is to post replies at the end (with some rare exceptions),
or interspersed when appropriate, and to omit parts no longer relevant.

The motivation of bottom posting like this: is that people get to see the context
before the reply, AND emails don't end up getting longer & longer as people reply
at the beginning forgetting to trim the now irrelevant stuff at the end.

Cheers,
Gavin