Re: pg_upgrade versus MSVC build scripts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_upgrade versus MSVC build scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Uh, if you do 'make install' in the pg_upgrade directory, would it also
> install the shared lib contrib?  If not, it seems kind of complicated
> from a user perspective.  Can't we pass a 'make' down into a
> subdirectory and have a separate Makefile just run?

No.  You're still failing to consider the MSVC build case.

I think that anyone who can cope with building pg_upgrade from source
can deal with building pg_upgrade_sysoids in addition, especially if
the documentation tells him to.  In practice, 99% of users just build
(or install) all of contrib/ at once, I think, so it's unlikely to
affect them much anyway.

I understand your desire to save one step in the build process, but
I don't think it's worth contorting our build system for --- especially
since pg_migrator isn't likely to stay in contrib indefinitely.

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade versus MSVC build scripts
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade versus MSVC build scripts