Re: pg_upgrade versus MSVC build scripts

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_upgrade versus MSVC build scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Uh, if you do 'make install' in the pg_upgrade directory, would it also
> > install the shared lib contrib?  If not, it seems kind of complicated
> > from a user perspective.  Can't we pass a 'make' down into a
> > subdirectory and have a separate Makefile just run?
>
> No.  You're still failing to consider the MSVC build case.
>
> I think that anyone who can cope with building pg_upgrade from source
> can deal with building pg_upgrade_sysoids in addition, especially if
> the documentation tells him to.  In practice, 99% of users just build
> (or install) all of contrib/ at once, I think, so it's unlikely to
> affect them much anyway.

If we make it /contrib/pg_upgrade_shlibs, will it need a documentation
page?  Can I built multiple shared libs in there if needed?  If we put
it under /contrib/pg_upgrade, can it still be a separate build step?
Would that work?

> I understand your desire to save one step in the build process, but
> I don't think it's worth contorting our build system for --- especially
> since pg_migrator isn't likely to stay in contrib indefinitely.

OK.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade versus MSVC build scripts
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade versus MSVC build scripts