Re: linked list rewrite

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: linked list rewrite
Дата
Re: linked list rewrite  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23-Mar-04, at 10:31 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> How do you mean it's no longer the case?  ListCell looks exactly like a
> cons cell to me.

Sorry, thinko on my part. I meant to say that lcons() is a Lispy name,
which suggests a Lispy implementation. This is no longer the case.
While lcons() isn't that bad of a name, I think it is more confusing
than it is helpful.

It just doesn't strike me that "construction" is a very useful way to
talk about what this operation is actually doing, and is asymmetric
with lappend() for no good reason. The operation is "prepending" an
element to an existing list, so why not give it a name that reflects
that?

-Neil