Re: [HACKERS] pgbench - allow to store select results into variables

Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
> I have no doubt that some MUA around would forget to do the conversion.

FWIW, one reason that I invariably use patch(1) to apply submitted patches
is that it will take care of stripping any CRs that may have snuck in.
So I'm not particularly fussed about the problem.

I'm not excited about encouraging people to use application/octet-stream
rather than text/something for submitted patches.  If you use text then
the patch can easily be examined in the web archives; with
application/octet-stream the patch has to be downloaded, adding a lot of
manual overhead.  (At least, that's true with my preferred web browser,
maybe it's different for other people?)