Re: pg_dump versus ancient server versions

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pg_dump versus ancient server versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/25/21 10:23, Tom Lane wrote:

> Also, I concur with Andrew's point that we'd really have to have
> buildfarm support.  However, this might not be as bad as it seems.
> In principle we might just need to add resurrected branches back to
> the branches_to_build list.  Given my view of what the back-patching
> policy ought to be, a new build in an old branch might only be
> required a couple of times a year, which would not be an undue
> investment of buildfarm resources.  (Hmmm ... but disk space could
> become a problem, particularly on older machines with not so much
> disk.  Do we really need to maintain a separate checkout for each
> branch?  It seems like a fresh checkout from the repo would be
> little more expensive than the current copy-a-checkout process.)

If you set it up with these settings then the disk space used is minimal:

     git_use_workdirs => 1,
     rm_worktrees => 1,

So I have this on crake:

    andrew@emma:root $ du -sh REL*/pgsql
    5.5M    REL_10_STABLE/pgsql
    5.6M    REL_11_STABLE/pgsql
    5.6M    REL_12_STABLE/pgsql
    5.6M    REL_13_STABLE/pgsql
    2.0M    REL_14_STABLE/pgsql
    2.6M    REL9_5_STABLE/pgsql
    5.5M    REL9_6_STABLE/pgsql

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump versus ancient server versions
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump versus ancient server versions