Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Дата
Ответ на Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Ответы Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> I think if we can design conf.d separately for config files of management tools, then
>> it is better to have postgresql.auto.conf to be in $PGDATA rather than in
>> $PGDATA/conf.d

> One of the biggest current complaints about recovery.conf from
> Debian/Ubuntu users is the fact that it lives in $PGDATA.  Won't we just
> get the same thing here?

I don't think that's the same case, but ... why exactly don't they like
recovery.conf, and can you show that the location of the file has
anything to do with the underlying complaint?  Personally I bet it's
more about the confusion between configuration and triggering functions.
Until we can get those things separated, using recovery.conf to argue
about file locations will result in nothing but confusion and bad
design.