Re: How to speed up min/max(id) in 50M rows table?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to speed up min/max(id) in 50M rows table?
Дата
Re: How to speed up min/max(id) in 50M rows table?  (henk de wit <henk53602@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
henk de wit <henk53602@hotmail.com> writes:
> I see, that sounds very interesting too. As you might have noticed, I'm not=
>  an expert on this field but I'm trying to learn. I was under the impressio=
> n that the last few incarnations of postgresql automatically combined singl=
> e column indexes for cases where a multi-column index would be needed in ea=
> rlier releases.

It's possible to combine independent indexes for resolving AND-type
queries, but the combination process does not preserve ordering, so
it's useless for this type of situation.

Сообщение: Re: How to speed up min/max(id) in 50M rows table?
Сообщение: Re: How to speed up min/max(id) in 50M rows table?