Re: [BUGS] BUG #1993: Adding/subtracting negative time intervals

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #1993: Adding/subtracting negative time intervals
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Keep in mind that the addition of the interval_justify_hours() did
> generate some regression test changes, so removing
> interval_justify_hours() might just take the results back to what we had
> in 8.0.

Not hardly.  I tried already.  The existing timestamp_mi behavior is
probably as close to 8.0 as we can get given the change in underlying
representation.

> I guess my point is that we are changing 8.0.X behavior so we better be
> sure it is now the way we want it to remain.

[ shrug... ]  We've changed datetime behavior in every past release,
we're changing it for 8.1, we'll probably change it some more for 8.2,
and again after that.  All the datetime code is a work in progress.
Get used to it.