Re: Dollar in identifiers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Dollar in identifiers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
>     Could  you  live  with it when we don't allow a name to start
>     with a dollar, but allow the dollar inside or at the  end  of
>     the name?

We had *better* not allow an identifier to start with $ --- or have
you forgotten about parameters?

I tend to agree with Bruce on this; we have not seen any requests for
this so far, and I don't much like the idea of decreasing our compliance
with the standard without strong reason.

I'm also concerned about changing the behavior of the lexer for
parameter identifiers adjacent to keywords.  "select$1from foo"
might be horrible coding style, but who's to promise that there
are no applications out there that emit things like that?