Re: [HACKERS] Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Major Problem, need help! Can't run our website!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Would it be wise or insane for us to to mention in the startup error a
> HINT that if you've removed such files, only hope is full restore from
> backup or pg_resetxlog with data loss?

Not sure that we should have a HINT recommending a worst-case-scenario
course of action as the first resort.  We'll have people blowing away
their data for what might be relatively fixable problems (eg, bogus
permissions on the pg_xlog directory, which I think was an issue that
just came up a day or two ago ...)

(We're all really jumping to conclusions here anyway.  The guy may have
been foolish to remove xlog files, but that doesn't explain why his
postmaster isn't running.  There's some facts missing in that report.)