Re: Postmaster cannot start

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postmaster cannot start
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Chun Yit\(Chronos\)" <ivanbeh@chronos.com.my> writes:
> PANIC:  btree_delete_page_redo: uninitialized right sibling
> LOG:  startup process (PID 5043) was terminated by signal 6
> LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

That's pretty ugly :-(.  I think your only hope to get out of it is to
use pg_resetxlog.  After that, you will undoubtedly need to reindex
pg_class in the problem database.  After that, if you're very lucky,
you'll be able to pg_dump.  If you can get a clean dump, then initdb
and reload --- it would not be wise to keep using the database.

I'd suggest first taking a filesystem backup of the $PGDATA directory as
it stands, so you can get back to where you are if this fails to work.

Assuming you can get back up and running, you should look into (a) why
you are running an old, known-buggy PG release, and (b) whether you have
flaky hardware, as per comments already made upthread.