Re: More extension issues: ownership and search_path

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: More extension issues: ownership and search_path
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb 7, 2011, at 9:20 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

> Also, I didn't bite this bullet, but maybe we should provide core PLs as
> extension.  Then CREATE LANGUAGE would maybe get deprecated and only
> valid when used in an extension's script — or the next patch (UPGRADE)
> will take care of create a plpythonu extension then attaching the PL
> into it.

I anticipate dependencies becoming a big deal. I already have ideas for extensions that depend on citext, for example
(domainsfor time zone, email address, etc.). And yeah, some of those might depend on procedural languages. FWIW, I've
beenputting PL prereqs in META.json files on PGXN. pgTAP, for example, requires PL/pgSQL:
 http://master.pgxn.org/dist/pgTAP/pgTAP-0.25.0.json

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: More extension issues: ownership and search_path
Сообщение: Re: More extension issues: ownership and search_path