PostgreSQL HA config recommendations

От Alex Gregory
Тема PostgreSQL HA config recommendations
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello-

I have been doing lots of reading and I really want to make sure that I get this HA architecture I am working on
correct. I figured the best way would be to reach out to the community for advice.

I am installing Cisco Jabber and want to use Postgres for the back end.  The Postgres servers will be running on
CentOS.

The requirement is to have two servers in HA using a database stored on shared NetApp Filer storage in California.  A
thirdserver will be in Ireland for DR purposes.  There only really needs to be one writeable server in California if it
keepsthings simple. Automatic conflict resolution should be easier this way causing lower overhead.

I was thinking that I could use Slony but then I read that it does not like WAN replication.  I have also read about
streamingreplication native to Postgres but was not sure how that would work over the WAN.  Bucardo seems better for
DataWarehousing or multimaster situations which this is not.  That leaves pgpool ii which seems like it would add an
extralayer of complexity.

When it comes down to to there are so many choices I am not sure if I need one or a combination of two.    Any help you
couldprovide could be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the assistance,

Alex

Вложения