Re: New column modifier?

От John McKown
Тема Re: New column modifier?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925@gmail.com> wrote:
What you suggest is a new column type, and that would be something that needs to be reviewed and implemented by the PostgreSQL developers. Since it is not a SQL standard, I doubt it has much chance of implementation. That being said, you should understand that all triggers require the need for an associated trigger function. A simpler way to accomplish "WORM" is with a RULE.
EG:
CREATE RULE table_worm AS ON UPDATE TO your_table WHERE NEW.your_column <> OLD your_column DO NOTHING.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/sql-createrule.html

​Thanks. I "jumped the gun" and haven't gotten to RULEs in the book yet. Lucky I like to read & have some time right now.​

--
Melvin Davidson

If you sent twitter messages while exploring, are you on a textpedition?

Maranatha! <><
John McKown